Our supported housing schemes offer safe and secure, shorter-term accommodation for vulnerable people.
We have a variety of supported housing schemes across the Island, offering supported housing to:
Our home care service can help you with:
- People with mental health problems
- Young people
- Homeless families
- Teenage parents
- People with drug and alcohol issues
Staff are usually on-site during the day and sometimes overnight and we provide a monitoring service for those schemes without overnight cover.
Our supported housing service does not generally offer personal care and focuses on supporting vulnerable people to successfully move on to more independent, longer-term accommodation.
Supported housing can help you:
- Move into your own, more independent accommodation in the community
- Learn independent living skills
- Manage your rent and budgets
- Plan menus and live healthily
- Access training and education
- Find and keep paid work
- Deal with substance or alcohol misuse
Supported housing is normally accessed via referral from an agency such as the Isle of Wight Council’s Supporting People programme.