We work closely with our network of contractors and suppliers to ensure they support our objective of making the lives of our customers better.
The Public Services Act 2012 (Social Value Act 2012) means we have a responsibility to ensure the goods and services we buy have a direct benefit for our customers and the communities in which they live.
All our contractors must agree to meet a minimum contribution and are encouraged to commit additional resources to help our customers with a range of support. These include employment and training, financial support, health and well-being, food poverty and a range of other initiatives.
Find out more about the Social Value Act.
We are committed to five key social value outcomes:
1. Creating employment and training opportunities
2. Supporting customers to gain financial resilience
3. Improving the health and wellbeing of our customers
4. Enhancing the local environment
5. Delivering on our commitment of being a ‘Business with Social Objectives’.